Here is a guide how you add a FreeShoutbox.net shoutbox to your Blogger blog.
- Create a free shoutbox at http://www.freeshoutbox.net/
- Login to blogger, go to "Manage layout" for your blog (it may also be called "Template" depending on which Blogger page you are at).
- Press "Add a Page Element" shown in the sidebar layout.
- At the next page, fill in "Shoutbox" or something similar as title and paste the HTML-code you get when logging in to freeshoutbox.net in the content field.
- Save and check your blog, you'll probably have to edit the HTML-code and change the height and width parameters to fit your blog, I found that width 250 seems to be fine for this blog's sidebar.