|32-bit | 64-bit|
Support for mobile devices
- Extend the reach of your content to users wherever they are. Flash Player delivers expressive content to personal computers, smartphones, tablets, smartbooks, and netbooks.
Mobile-ready features for unprecedented creative control
- Take advantage of native device capabilities, including support for multitouch, gestures, mobile input models, and accelerometer input.
- Deliver smooth high definition (HD) quality video with minimal overhead across mobile devices and personal computers using H.264 video decoding and Stage Video.
Expanded options for high-quality media delivery
- Discover new ways to deliver rich media experiences with the Flash Media Server Family of products using HTTP Dynamic Streaming; content protection; and improved support for live events, buffer control, and peer-assisted networking.
Adobe Flash Player 11 desktop release candidate drives innovation for rich, engaging digital experiences with new features for cross-platform browser-based viewing of expressive rich internet applications, content, and videos across devices. Some of the features from the Flash Player Incubator, such as Stage 3D and 64-bit support, have been moved into this release.Key benefits of the Flash Player 11 desktop release candidate include:
- Stage 3D Accelerated Graphics Rendering — Deliver cutting edge 2D and 3D experiences on the desktop.
- Native 64-bit support — Support for 64-bit operating systems and browsers on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
- G.711 audio compression for telephony — Integrate real-time voice and telephony capabilities into business apps and integrate with existing phone systems using the G.711 codec.
- H.264/AVC SW Encoding — Create apps that encode higher quality video locally using the efficient H.264 video standard.
- Socket Progress Events — Improve management of data transfer, track progress, and provide responsive feedback in apps send large amounts of data.
- JPEG-XR support — Take advantage of support for the advanced JPEG-XR image compression format to deliver higher quality images with less bandwidth, and leverage lossy and lossless compression with alpha channel transparency.